Welcome to the Lehigh Valley! This region encompasses Easton, Bethlehem, and Allentown of Pennsylvania, and into the Phillipsburg area of New Jersey. We are going to be on the Pennsylvania side this time around, working our way west to east. We'll be seeing a few places in Allentown, Bethlehem, and Easton, along with some of the smaller towns and areas like Center Valley, Whitehall, Hellertown, and Fountain Hill. This time around (and we've been here before, back in ancient history) we'll be focusing on some of the smaller corner stores, neighborhood markets, and former supermarkets rather than the chain supermarkets. Really the only big chains with any significant presence here are GIANT and Weis, and we'll be seeing one of each but a lot of the other, more interesting (to me at least) stuff this time through. We begin tomorrow with a former supermarket here on Grocery Archaeology!
But wait, there's more. Here's today's special reports!
- Special Report: Stop & Shop - Long Island City, NY
- Special Report: H Mart - Long Island City, NY
- Special Report: Farm Country Supermarkets - Astoria, NY
- Special Report: Asian Food Markets - Staten Island, NY
- Special Report: HL Supermarket - Staten Island, NY
- Special Report: Market Basket - Shrewsbury, MA