Original Tenant: A&P
Address: 1320 Parkway Ave, Ewing, NJ
Later Tenants: converted to SuperFresh in 1982, closed 2003, became CVS in 2005
Photographed: January 2021
Just about next door to Marrazzo's Market, today's store tour, is this 19,000 square foot former supermarket at Parkway Avenue and Scotch Road in Ewing Township. It was built in the 1960s as a Centennial A&P, then converted to SuperFresh with the Philadelphia-area ones in 1982 before closing in 2003. CVS opened in 2005. Tomorrow, we head into Trenton's city limits for a look at a former supermarket in the northwestern part of the city here on Grocery Archaeology!