Original Tenant: A&P
Address: 107 Morristown Rd, Bernardsville, NJ
Later Tenants: Jaeger Lumber > Village ShopRite extension
Photographed: June 2020
Today's store is one of three Bernardsville stops. It was built in 1959 as a fairly standard A&P centennial model, but closed in 1978 -- probably from the competition from ShopRite next door and ACME (later Kings) across the street, and the fact that there was no ability to expand on this property. Occupied by an outpost of local company Jaeger Lumber from 1982 to 1991, it was then taken over by Village Super Market, the owner of the ShopRite, as an extension of the 42,000 square foot grocery store. This store sold nonfood products that didn't fit in the rather small ShopRite, including gardening products and hardware. Check it out before its CVS conversion here. Make sure to tour both those stores above, and tomorrow we're heading out west to Mendham over on The Market Report!